Anatomical Society Education Innovation Award
Normally, an annual award will be made by the Anatomical Society (AS) to recognise and reward innovation and excellence in anatomy education. The award is intended to reward anatomy educators at any stage of their career who have developed and implemented an innovative standalone project in the field of undergraduate or postgraduate education that has had sustainable impact on the student experience and learning.
Applicants should hold a contract at a Higher Education Institution. Applicants are not required to be members of the AS.
The award will be made by the Council of the Anatomical Society in the light of advice from its Education Committee.
The awardee(s) will receive an Award Certificate, £200 to support his/her/their ongoing project and one year’s free membership of the AS for the awardee / or nominated member of the team (if not already an existing member). The winner / winning team leader will receive funding for one individual to present their work at the Summer meeting of the Society and will be expected to write a short report for the Society website, Anastomosis and / or social media.
How to apply
Applications should be submitted using the Application Form and emailed to S.Border@soton.ac.uk by midnight on Thursday 2nd September 2021. (This Round has now closed)
All submissions will be assessed using the following process. Applications may be from individuals or teams, but there will only be a single award.
- A detailed case study, by completing the sections of the application form.
- A single page statement of support from a senior member of the applicant’s School/Faculty
- A short single page curriculum vitae (of lead applicant if part of a team application. To include educational responsibilities and duties)
The case study should include:
- The background and purpose of the project with a clear justification for the project
- What is the project and why is it original. How is it significantly different / better than existing approaches?
- A description and evidence of its educational impact
- The prospect of sustainability of excellence in the future
The Scoring Criteria Matrix can be found HERE.
Enquiries and applications should be directed to Scott.Border@glasgow.ac.uk (Chair of the Education Committee).