Student Membership and Benefits
We welcome and encourage early career researchers, early career teachers and undergraduate and postgraduate students from all disciplines related to the anatomical sciences to become members.
If you are an undergraduate student, or if you are within 5 years of graduation from your first degree pertinent to anatomy you can join the society as an Early Career Member.
Joining information is available HERE.
Why join as an early career member?
Early career members receive a significant proportion of the support provided by The Anatomical Society. We encourage joining at an early stage as some benefits are only available after a year of elected membership.
Selected Early Career Member benefits and opportunities:
- Reduced 15 GBP/year membership fee
- Cheaper conference student registration fees
- Subsidised student events
- Travel costs to attend meetings of the society (Barclay-Smith Travelling Fund )
- Support for organising events within your own student society (Support for Student Societies
- For best abstract, with the opportunity to present and receive feedback at society meetings (Dr Sophie Miller Memorial Prize Lecture )
- For best poster and oral presentations at society meetings (Cave Young Investigator Poster Prize , Young Investigator Oral Presentation Prize)
- For best image, twice a year (Best Image Prize )