Student Membership and Benefits
We welcome and encourage students from all disciplines related to the anatomical sciences to become members.
Joining information is available HERE.
Please note the membership categories have recently been restructured. Undergraduate and postgraduate categories have been incorporated into an ‘Early Career Member’ category. Those eligible for Early Career Membership are undergraduates or those within 5 years of graduation from a primary university undergraduate degree pertinent to anatomy.
Why join as a student?
Student receive a significant proportion of the support provided by The Anatomical Society. We encourage joining at an early stage as some benefits are only available after a year of elected membership.
Selected Early Career Member benefits and opportunities:
- Reduced 10 GBP/year membership fee
- Cheaper conference student registration fees
- Subsidised student events
- Travel costs to attend meetings of the society (Barclay-Smith Travelling Fund)
- Support for organising events within your own student society (Support for Student Societies)
- For best abstract, with the opportunity to present and receive feedback at society meetings (Dr Sophie Miller Memorial Prize Lecture)
- For best poster and oral presentations at society meetings (Cave Young Investigator Poster Prize, Young Investigator Oral Presentation Prize)
- For best image, twice a year (Best Image Prize)