Follow the Journal of Anatomy on Twitter
The Journal of Anatomy is an international peer-reviewed journal sponsored by the Anatomical Society and published by Wiley-Blackwell.
Anatomical Society members can access the journal via our membership portal or by a direct link to homepage here.
You can sign up to obtain "content alerts" on the journal homepage.
Authors are eligible to be considered for the annual prize for the paper deemed by the editors to be the best presented by either a member or non member of the Society. For more information on how to apply click here.
Scope of Journal and Info for Authors
Its main focus is to understand anatomy through an analysis of structure, function, development and evolution.
Impact Factor 2.013
The Journal publishes original papers, invited review articles and book reviews:
- Cell biology and tissue architecture
- Comparative functional morphology
- Developmental biology
- Evolutionary developmental biology
- Evolutionary morphology
- Functional human anatomy
- Integrative vertebrate paleontology
- Methodological innovations in anatomical research
- Musculoskeletal system
- Neuroanatomy and neurodegeneration
- Significant advances in anatomical education