1. Charity Commission guidance in particular:
Revised Conflicts of interest Guidance Published May 2014 http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/detailed-guidance/trustees-staff-and-volunteers/conflicts-of-interest-in-charities/
It's your decision:charity trustees and decision making
Charity Commission Handbook on Trustees' Administrative Duties - intended primarily for new Trustees
Updated November 2012
CC3 The Essential Trustee: what you need to know
Published February 2008, updated 2010, March 2012
CC10 Hallmarks of an Effective Charity
Published February 2008
The Economic Downturn – 15 Questions Trustees need to Ask
Big Board Talk: 15 Questions Trustees Need to Ask revised and re-issued by the Charity Commission December 2012
CC25 Managing Charity Assets and Resources
Published March 2011
The Register of Charities
2. Good Governance: A Code for the Voluntary and Community Sector (October 2010)
3. Small Charities Coalition is a national support and networking organisation that helps over 6000 small charities, their staff, volunteers and trustees access the skills, knowledge and resources they need to best serve their causes.
4. The Governance Hub brings together people, information and ideas about governance in the voluntary and community sector.
The Governance Hub
5. The Foundation for Science and Technology (FST)
Publishes a number of useful guidance notes. Links to two are detailed below.
Notes for Guidance - Directors and Trustees Liabilitiies.doc
Notes for Guidance - Trustee Liability Indemnity Insurance.doc
6. Skills Third Sector - Trustees and Management Committee National Occupational Standards
UPDATED: 21st May 2014